Sunday, January 30, 2011

"You know la, Indian felasss......"


I bet that you have seen many people saying that in your daily life. Words like “Indian fellas ah…Alwaaaays like that la”, “You know la, Indian timing”, “Indians never change la macha..let’s forget that and go tanni…”, Indians drink like fish”, and all other bullshits about our own community. I used to be one of them who says that and as time passes by, I realized that there was absolutely no use of complaining about our own community. Who the heck am I to complain when I myself am not a perfect Indian? What have I “kilikiran” until now that I am complaining about my own community? Have I done anything good for this community? Do people who serve the community complain as much as I do?

As I asked myself these questions, I felt like someone is actually giving me a tight slap repeatedly (yeah, just like in the old Tamil movies). That has made me realize that it is time to STOP COMPLAINING, and START DOING SOMETHING. It’s really easy to talk. Anybody can talk about what is wrong with our community. But how many of them are willing to step forward and donate as little as RM 10.00 for a Tamil School charity program?  Let’s look at an example. There is a charity group in facebook called Sai Fund. Currently (as of 29/01/2011), there are 1366 members in it. But less than 20 people are contributing to that charity fund. Ok, maybe we can assume there are another 30 people who contribute in other terms, so that makes about 50 contributors. My question is what happened to the other 1316 members who “Like” the page? Where are they? Is it too much for me to say that they “Like” the page because their friends “Like” it too?
Come on people, RM10 per month is not much. It’s the least we can do for our community because I still feel that our children need more support than this. Who is going to help them if not us? The government? MIC? Hindraf? Any other political party? There is a small Tamil School in the estate I live. Numbers of students are around 70. Number of kindergarten students enrolling per year on average is less than 10. What happened recently is that a political party stepped forward and built a huge kindergarten for them. Then, another political party sponsored another “MUCH BIGGER” kindergarten right opposite of the earlier one. For what? What are they trying to prove? They are so busy competing against each other, showing who is better, and forget that they are here to serve the community. Are we going to wait for their help? Like I said earlier, anybody can talk, but how many can get the job done?

Let’s not wait for them to appear at our door during election. Let’s step forward and do what we can to help the community. If we can’t initiate a new effort, that’s ok, we can still support those who are already working on it. For those who are wondering where to start from, visit this link.
Love all, Serve all.

(The image below has nothing to do with the topic. Just for laugh.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment