Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Social Networking


Social networking (probably you would've guessed which one I’m talking about), is kind of the most popular thing talked about now. But, it also has become some sort off platform of embarrassment for I’m sure at least a few people. Most recently, a friend of mine uploaded a video of a few Indian girls dancing on the road during Thaipusam. So, apparently someone recorded the video in their phone, and shared it with others. Finally, it made its way to the social networking site. A few months ago I even watched a video uploaded on the same site about a few Indian college students being slapped, kicked and insulted with bad words by a group of guys for some reason I don't know what.

Now, it might be fun to upload videos like that, and get people to comment on it on our wall, but I hope that we could spend a little bit time to think how the person in that video would feel when he/she watches it. If I was in that place, for sure I’ll not be happy because someone uploaded the video without my approval. Not only videos but pictures uploaded can also bring equal damage. One of my office colleagues doesn’t like his pictures to be taken because he doesn’t want anyone to upload his picture without his approval.

To make matters even worse, despite all the warning, there are still some people who upload too many pictures of themselves (from different angles). Sadly, one of my old friends (a girl) does the same. What I am worried is that people might use that picture for bad intentions (being a girl, I think the damage can be more). So, do carefully choose which pictures you want to upload on to the web, and always remember you are what you do, regardless in real world, or virtual world. If you happen to come across videos/pictures that you think might offend others, kindly send a message to the one who uploaded it, and remind him/her of the damage it can bring to others.

2 comments:

  1. great article bro..social networking has become more of a Show Off..

    ReplyDelete
  2. fuhhh.. so serious... but topp point.. :D

    ReplyDelete